Saturday, August 26, 2006

Google Sketchup


Google does not stop fascinating me! Was checking out Google labs the other day, when I came across this software called Google Sketchup. It is a 3D-design software which is fairly powerful yet very simple and easy to use. And as usual (with Google) there is one version which is available for free.

I downloaded the software and the tutorials were easy to follow. I finished them in a jiffy. As I had no 3D-idead to put on screen I just created a model of our television cupboard that we got recently done. Though the fine wood carvings cannot be reproduced in this software, what ever I could make of the cupboard was fairly good I guess.

Other than that I also made a crazy skyscraper. Crazy coz every thing in it is round :-). I am sure it will be hell of a challenge for architects to created a skyscraper of that sort in real world ;-) For more about this software check out Google Sketchup

No comments:

Other posts @ Stubborn Fanatic

Click here to view all my posts.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

However, prior permission is required before you can display any content from this blog on your site. The author reserves the right to demand removal of such content at any time for any reason. (Not applicable for back-linking)
Note: The author is not responsible for any loss of data or damages to your homepage as a result of using the hacks suggested here. Please observe all necessary precautions while modifying template code.

© 2006 Vivek Sanghi a.k.a Stubborn-Fanatic