Sunday, August 27, 2006

Evanescence: New album out in October

Evanescence is a popular band which is mostly into alternative and gothic rock. Few rock bands have females in the group and that too as a lead singer. Evanescence’s only lead singer Amy Lee is one who fits the bill very well. She’s got a great voice and I like her songs and style.

Evanescence shot to fame with their album “Fallen” (at least for me) which contains hits like “Bring me to life” (OST Daredevil), “My Immortal” and “Going Under”.

Over three years after “Fallen” they are now coming out with another album by name “The Open Door”. A track by name “Call Me When You're Sober” has already entered the countdown charts. I heard it on WorldSpace Top 40. Though I am an avid fan of this group, I must admit that I was not very impressed with this track. It just seems to lack the power of songs like “Going Under”. I don’t know how to put it but I simply did not like the song! But I am sure that Evanescence is not going to disappoint me and I hope that other tracks will be good. I had been waiting for their new album eagerly.

No comments:

Other posts @ Stubborn Fanatic

Click here to view all my posts.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

However, prior permission is required before you can display any content from this blog on your site. The author reserves the right to demand removal of such content at any time for any reason. (Not applicable for back-linking)
Note: The author is not responsible for any loss of data or damages to your homepage as a result of using the hacks suggested here. Please observe all necessary precautions while modifying template code.

© 2006 Vivek Sanghi a.k.a Stubborn-Fanatic